Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Fourni par Blogger.

Caught on Film: Young Bull Elk Spars with a Photographer in Cataloochee

A couple days ago some photos of a young bull elk sparring with a photographer in Cataloochee began making the rounds on the internet. Turns out this unbelievable event was also caught on film:







In an email exchange, the videographer asked the photographer what was going through his head. This was his response:

"My first thoughts were "wow, he's getting pretty damn close here." But I've been up close before without incident. I hoped being still and passive would see him pass on. When he lowered his antlers to me, I wanted to keep my vitals protected and my head down. I felt that standing up would provoke him more and leave me more vulnerable to goring. I think that while protecting myself with my head down, having my head down was a signal that I was rutting with him. I was concerned at first, but when he started rearing back and lunging at me later on, I got scared and pissed off. That's when I wagged my finger at him to cut that shit out. I was relieved to see the Ranger coming."





Jeff

Hiking in the Smokies


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Search This Blog

googlebf6d18143aacd400.html