Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Fourni par Blogger.

Those Trees

Something calls to me.

The trees are drawing me near,

I've got to find out why.

Those gentle voices I hear

Explain it all with a sigh



- Tuesday Afternoon (Moody Blues)



Wow, it’s only mid-January and I already have a severe case of cabin fever. I really need to get back to the wilderness.



Several years ago my wife and I spent a night at the Sperry Chalet in Glacier National Park. If you’re unfamiliar with this hike-in chalet, it sits more than 3300 feet above, and 6 miles away from civilization. The only way to get there is by foot or horseback. I often recall a discussion I had with the manager of the chalet the day we arrived. I asked him how often he goes back into town during the summer seasons. He scoffed and said there was nothing down there worth visiting. At the time I chuckled and thought to myself, “you can’t be serious”. However, in recent years, I’ve come to really identify with his mindset. Truly, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World out there. Interestingly, more and more research is confirming the regenerative power of hiking - in other words, we have a cure.



The trees are indeed drawing me near – however, I think I know why.



This photo was taken on the Boogerman Trail in Cataloochee:










Jeff

HikingintheSmokys.com


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Search This Blog

googlebf6d18143aacd400.html